Have you ever experienced the unintended launching of an email application by clicking
mailto: links in web browsers? Usually, when you click
mailto: links in web browsers, even if it is unintentional, an email application launches immediately.
By using Mailto Interceptor, you can select the following behaviors for the click of
- Copy email address (with Option key, you can copy
- Open URL in web browser (e.g. Composing view of web mails)
- Pop up a menu for selecting the behaviors described above and launching of the specified email application (like demo animation above)
Mailto Interceptor is not resident application. By setting Mailto Interceptor as default email application for the click of
mailto: links, it launches without appearing and bouncing dock icon, does preferred behavior and quits automatically.
Other than the click of
mailto: links in web browsers, Mailto Interceptor is launched also from share menu, Contacts application and so on.
The following features is restricted in Lite version:
- Open URL in web browser
- Launch an email application from pop up menu
- Edit pop up menu items
OS X 10.9.3+
- Launch Mailto Interceptor.app
- If Mailto Interceptor is not set as default email application, a setting sheet is shown. Set Mailto Interceptor as default email application.
- Choose preferred behavior from "Behavior" pop up menu
- Quit Mailto Interceptor.app
By doing initial setting above, Mailto Interceptor reacts
mailto: links and so on.
- ver. 1.3: 2019-12-11
- Fixed Outlook.com URL
- Adopted Dark Mode
- Some minor fixes
- ver. 1.2.2: 2014-12-19
- Fixed minor issue
- Changed app icon (Lite version)
- ver. 1.2: 2014-9-10
- Added a feature that you can define custom URLs
- Added a feature that you can edit menu items for pop up menu
- ver. 1.1.1: 2014-8-9
- Fixed minor issue
- ver. 1.1: 2014-7-10
- Added a feature that shows a behavior notification panel
- Refined UI
- ver. 1.0: 2014-6-6
- Initial version